Wednesday, January 16, 2013

silk layers


dressed in bright hues with hot pink + blue
i love this dvf dress- it's gotten me through weddings, showers, holiday parties, etc.  the bright blue and gorgeous silk draping make it a stand out and one of my favorite special occasion go-to's. to get more miles out of a piece like this i've started layering my tops and dresses to create a whole new look.  generally a white collared shirt would be my first grab, but i like the idea of mixing a similar fabric with unique colors or patterns to bring out a whole new look to the dress.

b&w spots + royal blue

minimal makeup + bright pink lips

the silk drape gathers just above the hip for a flattering waistline 
hot pink + gold accents

dress, dvf silk drape dress (old); top, joie snow leopard (similar); shoes, dv 'bella' pump; purse, kate spade bright spot avenue sally; watch, mk large "runway"; lips, nars "schiap

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate all of your comments! xoxo