Monday, December 30, 2013

a bright hue for nye


i've recycled the same two black and sequin numbers for the past five years for various nye events, but this year i plan to  ditch the lbd and ring in the new year with brighter hues. while it's not your traditional nye attire, nothing makes you pop in a crowd like a bold color.


{bold lips are a must- my new obsession is stila's matte liquid lipstick in beso}
 {a statement necklace to glam it up}
 {metallic heels}
 {a understated hi-low bottom hem}

 {bonded lines}
dress, tibi
heels, jcrew (also here and here)
necklace, jcrew factory (similar here and here)
lips, stila
nails, essie

shop these and other dress picks here:



xo,

11 comments:

  1. This dress is gorgeous, and you look absolutely stunning! This is such a fantastic color on you and I love the red lips with it. It's a good way to break away from the traditional black dress for NYE. Love it girl!!

    Jody
    www.jodybeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this bright blue shade and it's beautifully styled with the silver metallic shoes :o). Great look! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO classy!
    That color looks fabulous on you!
    Happy New Year!

    Whitney
    The Retail Therapist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning dress! I know I tend to go for the classic lbd when I go out too but sometimes it's nice to "pop" a little bit more. The lipstick clashes perfectly too! Love it! Happy new year :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! The dress is bold but futuristic and modern plus the silver accents keep it very NYE-worthy. Happy New Year!!
    x atelier zozo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bold blue dress! It's gorgeous on you, and I love the accessories.

    Happy New Year!! :)

    xoxo Jackie
    SomethingAboutThat

    ReplyDelete
  7. The structure in your dress is completely dreamy! Loving it!

    Happy New Year!

    xoxo, KP
    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply gorgeous! Lets wave those lbds good-bye and bring some color to 2014 :)

    PS: Thank you for checking out my blog. It helped me find yours and I love, love, love it. Now following. :)

    XOXO

    www.alinitinidaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This color is incredible on you! Just stumbled upon your blog and totally love it. Happy New Year!

    Jess
    Thegoldengirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos, love the dress! What camera do you use?

    Mon Petit Billet

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all of your comments! xoxo